Al - Jouf
One of the regions of the Northern Kingdom, famous for agriculture mainly because of the abundance of underground water, non-salty soil , level and arable land. The Kingdom attaches great importance to agricultural development, aware of the importance of agriculture and self-sufficiency of cereals, crops, vegetables and fruit.
Al-Jawf has a suitable climate for many crops, vegetables and fruits, including wheat, alfalfa, olives and various kinds of fruits, as well as potatoes, onions, peanuts and sorghum
Al-Jouf Agricultural Project
- The company was owned by Al Jouf Company in early 2012
- The area of the project is 26 million square meters. The project is located in the Basita region, which is known for wheat, clover, onion and olives.
The project includes 30 artoisian wells, 18 of which are located in axes. The area of the axis is 8 towers. The length of the tower is 54 meters. The one axis covers an agricultural area of 60 hectares
50 meter asphalt road
The project has a main road network that runs into administrative buildings, family housing, engineers ‘and workers’ housing, maintenance workshops and warehouses to end with huts and axes.
Current annual production
- 3300 tons of wheat were produced through the cultivation of 470 hectares
- Of the clover, 7800 tons were produced with an area of 313 hectares
- The production of hay amounted to 1050 tons
- An atom was planted with an area of 120 hectares
The project has sheep pens with a capacity of 20,000 sheep.